The Lords Chips





Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Mexico Temple Trip, Hurricane? and Independance Day

                                   Our view from the scary bus ride
                                             Balloons anyone?


                                                 Mexico Temple


                                     Independence Day Celebration

                                             I love this culture!

                                               Mexico Temple
Hi mom!
Yes my luggage made it safely to Mexico. I love it here! Besides my digestive system never being the same, my companion is so great! Oh man, the Mexico City Temple was the greatest thing that has happened here! I was so happy when I went there. I've always wanted to go and actually getting the oppurtunity to actually sit inside the temple and go through a session in Spanish was amazing! With my growing spanish skills, I was able to understand bits and pieces, the great thing was that some of the temple workers gave the missionaries who wanted them, headsets to hear the session in English. I eventually got sick of it and just went all Spanish. Which by the way was about ten minutes or so. And you were right, the old movie was cheesy, I like the new one better.
The storm? Meh, it rains here every day, so I didn't even know about it. It rains pretty much everyday at like 6 pm. I said earlier that I'm getting better with Spanish, but I'm still scraping the bottom of the barrell. It's so tough to learn this language, so many conjugations, so many meanings for one word! Speaking of witch, there is an Elder I know. He's one of my friends here, his name is Elder Taylor. He said Buenos Dias to a maintenence worker. The  worker then asked how he was doing, Elder Taylor replied with Muy Bueno. The worker gave him a funny look and walked away looking a bit disturbed. So Elder Taylor was kinda confused, so he asked one of the native teachers that is helping us learn spanish and he busted up laughing at him! It turns out, muy bueno means I'm Sexy, in Spanish to the natives here. His face was soooo red and he said, oh my, I'm so sorry for that worker. Me, I'm just trying to get into the groove that I need to talk in Spanish more often. But I'm working at it more.
I've grown to love my district here. We all have so much fun with each other, in fact today at around 4 we are going to play some sand volleyball. Before that, another couple of Elders from my district and a new one are going to go run a 400m the hard way and maybe a 400m, 300m, 200m, 100m workout.
I'm so glad that you are doing better from your surgery. I know you told me not to worry, but I still do. I wish I could help you out. But all I can do right now is do all that I can here. And I know that the Lord will help you. I love you mom. I love all of you guys (family). I hope all of you guys are helping each other out and being good to others as well.
Sincerely,
Elder Medina

Ok, here is some pictures. There is a couple that looks like you're looking out a window and sitting almost two inches away from the dump truck to the left...... We were...... Scariest ride on a bus in my life.......

Oh yeah, the natives here, the Mexicans. Told me, even though I was born in America, I was now on of them. A mexican as well, we had the independence day celebration and gave the Grita. Ask dad, he should know what that is.

1 comment:

  1. He sounds good, Kari. I am so glad he is having a good time. Thanks for posting this. Our love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete