The Lords Chips





Monday, June 29, 2015

On The Mend (We Hope)

Dear Mom,

Yeah, those aren't fun the whole kidney infections. Our cocinera is looking up all of the natural food things that she can do to fix up kidneys. I guess pineapple works and carrots. But I don't know there. I want a healthy week as well. I understand the whole hydration thing. I always have water with me or a way to get it. I am drinking. I'm pretty sure it's just because of constant sun exposure and like you said the humidity. On top of that the fridge is broken. Not the best situation. But we're in the process of getting a new one.

This week was a week of challenges. My companion and I have had to cross new techniques to get to investigators. We had to defend our own testimonies when an investigator said that if we went to his church we would find that he was right and not us. I felt the strongest Spiritual high and I was able to testify again along with my companion and that man kept quiet and didn't push it anymore. I have come to find that now, I don't need to argue or get mad to get a point across. I just need the Spirit. We're trying so hard to keep the Spirit close to us. It's working a lot more. 

Mom, I love you. I hope you feel good this week. There is a scripture in Psalms 147:3 that I love that I found this week. In spanish (sorry didn't read in english) it says: "Él sana a los quebrantados de corazón, y venda sus heridas". Only through Him and His Spirit of love can we be healed emotionally, spiritually, and physically. I know this because I have had to depend on Him and His power here. There has been so many times that I have felt pain that I didn't know what to do. When I had my infection and fighting by myself with a dangerous fever, for the first time in almost 3 or 4 years, I cried for my mom. I bawled because of the pain. I had to depend on my Maker to get me out of it. And I was able to. I felt your love and prayers and the love of my Father and Older Brother. You can feel the same. As well as everyone else. We just have got to grab onto it.

Take care this week Mom, I love you so much. I literally want a wife like you so my children can have such support in the future, you've always been the greatest example of parently love I've seen.

Love all of you!

Elder Medina

No comments:

Post a Comment